What is Woodlake Cares?
- Woodlake Cares is a group of Woodlake residents who are interested in helping their Woodlake neighbors with short term needs due to illness, birth of a child, injury or other unexpected emergency situations. Volunteers might provide help in a variety of ways such as running errands, making meals, providing transportation to medical appointments or even dog walking for a resident temporarily unable to do so.
- Since we rely on volunteers, we do not guarantee that all requests can be met. Currently there are 31 trained volunteers who are ready to help.
Is Woodlake Cares an official program of the Woodlake HOA?
- No. Woodlake Cares is strictly a volunteer organization with its own committee and group of volunteers.
Who can volunteer or receive assistance from Woodlake Cares?
- Any adult living in Woodlake subdivision of Durham, NC, can volunteer or be a care recipient.
How can I volunteer?
- All volunteers are asked to attend a 1-hour orientation session and sign a confidentiality agreement prior to providing assistance.
How can I receive assistance from Woodlake Cares?
- A Coordinator will contact you concerning your request and will be in regular contact throughout any care process.
- All individuals receiving assistance are asked to sign a waiver freeing volunteers from liabilities.
How can I get more information about Woodlake Cares?
Click on Contact Us and let us know what additional information you need.